Fakarava, French Polynesia vacation. Picture taken by my friend Vahinerii.

"Our Oasis in the desert is our family."

Monday, September 14, 2009

Friends.


This is a picture of a picture.  The original picture was taken by Jacob Larsen who I believe was 10 or 12 at the time.  This picture is one of our favorites.  Jacob and his family blew it up and gave it to us as a gift many years ago.  It remains on our wall not only as a reminder of love and family but also as a reminder of friendship.  We all have friends and they're very important and then there are those who are extra special because they touch ones life for the better, the Larsen family happen to be "extra special" to me.  They touched my life many years ago when I first met their parents who served (as temple president ) with my father in the Papeete, Tahiti temple.  A friendship developed between our families and that's what brought me to study in America.  Without coming here I don't think I would have met another "extra special friend" - Ty.

No comments: