Fakarava, French Polynesia vacation. Picture taken by my friend Vahinerii.

"Our Oasis in the desert is our family."

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Everyday.


I miss you Dad. I know you loved Christmas.
I remember you saying a few years ago when we were visiting for Christmas how you wished Christmas was everyday...
As I reflected upon your statement this came to mind that Christmas is usually the season where there is an outreach that comes into our hearts. Hearts are softened. We think a little more kindly of one another, there is little less of bitterness or hate. There is more love...love for our families, for our friends, for our neighbors or even strangers. There is more reaching out to those in trouble, need or distress. Christmas is about Christ. I think I know what you meant by wanting Christmas to be an every day thing. I love you Dad.


After our own Christmas (morning) we packed food, gifts and kids and headed up to Mesa to have lunch/dinner at my sister's house. The food was good, merci ma soeur! The kids had a wonderful time playing with their cousins too. After our meal and chatting we called our mother (Tahiti) and siblings via Skype to wish them a Merry Christmas etc. It was wonderful to hear from you mom. I wish we were closer so we could all get together for such holidays.
Around 8 we packed everyone in the car to see the lights at the Mesa temple. As always the lights and displays were beautiful...I love the feelings felt there too.

No comments: