Fakarava, French Polynesia vacation. Picture taken by my friend Vahinerii.

"Our Oasis in the desert is our family."

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A spontaneous trip to Tahiti.

MAY 28 - JUNE 11, 2008 I was in Tahiti...
With the uncertainty of our father's future, my sister (in Mesa) and I flew home to be with our family. Despite the circumstances it was a wonderful experience.

First, I would like to publicly thank my husband for being "Mr. Mom" for 16 days! I'm sure there were times he probably thought to himself "What was I thinking???" but he did it. Thank You Ty! Even though I am large with child (27 1/2 weeks at the time of travel) I was able to focus on my father and the rest of the family. Everyone was present sibling wise expect for my brother Andrew who is serving a 2 year mission in New Zealand.

Second, I would like to thank our ward family for the meals and the offers to help Ty with the kiddos if he needed it. All this gave me peace of mind.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ruth! So sorry to hear about your dad! This must be such a rough time. I wish I could be there to help out. Please keep me updated with what's going on. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Love your guts!