Fakarava, French Polynesia vacation. Picture taken by my friend Vahinerii.

"Our Oasis in the desert is our family."

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy 34th!

Wow, I don't know where to begin!
It was my birthday Tuesday but it seems like I've been celebrating all week. It all started on Sunday (13), my dear sister (with my husband's assistance) threw me a surprise birthday. Since Ty's in the bishopric, it was just the kids and I that came home only to find some surprise guests inside our home when we opened the door - the Stogdill family! There was no car parked in our driveway, very sneaky...Anyway, my front room floor was covered in balloons and my house smelled like food. My lovely sister had made us a Sunday dinner so I didn't need to do a thing! On the menu: Mexican food - salsa & chips, chicken taco salads, chicken or cheese quesadillas, punch, tropical fruit and of course a nice chocolate cake. What a treat!

Tuesday (15) my official b-day also Tax day...I was showered with snail mail, emails, phone calls and presents from various friends and family. Ty and the kids made me a nice coconut cake, decorated man/kid style with candles and several Cinderella princesses on top?? Very cute. Tia made me a thoughtful present: a nice LARGE decorated t-shirt, perfect for when I get bigger. It was yellow and she had ironed on some lovely butterflies and a dragonfly...I will wear it proudly! To go along with the pregnant theme, just for laughs Ty & Jonathan gave me a mini portable personal fan...which might come in handy this summer!

On Wednesday (16), I had another prenatal check up. A good friend offered to watch the kids while I went to my appointment. She told me to take my time, not to hurry back because she and the kids were going to fix me lunch. That was very nice of her. I ran a few errands after my doctor's apt. and then returned to have lunch with her only to find out that some "special guests" were coming...another surprise party! Wow, I felt special!

My heart is full - full of gratitude for family and friends who made my birthday a special one! THANK YOU people!

No comments: